Ph.D. (Dairy Technology) from SMC College of Dairy Science, Anand, Gujarat State of India, 1996
Research Title: “A STUDY ON INFLUENCE OF SELECTED TECHNOLOGICAL PARAMETERS ON MANUFACTURE OF SWISS CHEESE FROM BUFFALO MILK”
M.Sc. (Agriculture- Dairy Science) from Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli, Maharashtra State of India, 1982
Research Title: “USE OF ANTIBIOTICS TO INCREASE THE SHELF LIFE OF RAW MILK”
B.Sc. (Agri.) from Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli, Maharashtra State of India, 1980.
A. Academic Experience:
OCTOBER 1982- AUGUST 2013 (31 years):
Worked in different capacities as faculty member at Dairy Science and Livestock Products Technology Department, Bombay Veterinary College, Mumbai, as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor for 31 years. The job involved Teaching and Research.
At present Director of ‘Naturalism Food Labs Pvt. Ltd.’
Teaching: Teaching faculty for Ph.D., Post graduate and Graduate students for 30+ years
Research Advisor/ Guide for Postgraduate (M.V.SC. - students)- 21
i. Principal Investigator for scheme on Utilization of whey for the development of health drink- Government (ICAR- Indian council of Agricultural Research) – Academia partnership- 1999-2003
ii. Co-Investigator for scheme on Testing efficacy of herbal drugs for milk production – Industry ( Himalaya Drugs, India)- Academia- partnership- 2004-2006
iii. Co- Investigator for scheme on Testing efficacy of palate feed in lactating animals. Industry ( Godrej Agrovet, India)- Academia- partnership- 2006-07
B. INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE ( 15 plus years):
1. Consultant for following Industry projects in India
- Developed Indian Dairy Products for World Grocer Company, Turlock, California, USA.
- Grading purity of Cow Ghee -Shri Siddhivinayak Temple Trust, Mumbai
- Development of flavored milk with unique packaging concept-.Ubale groups, Pune, India
- Development of traditional Indian dairy products (Basundi, Shrikhand, Rassgolla, Gulabjamun, etc)- Prashant corners, Thane, India
- Project In-charge for development of protein drink for ZAS Group, Pune
- Development of Unique Ice cream Parlour with novel concepts like “Tawa ( Hot pan) Ice cream” and “Ice cream Pakoda”.- Kate Dairy , Aundh, Pune .
- Development of Mascarpone cheese and Retort fish curry for Britto’s restaurant , Goa
- GHP/GLP Trainer at different dairy co-operative societies viz., Prabhat Milk, Shrirampur, Warna Agro processing Warna Nagar Unit, Gokul dairy Vashi , Mumbai. Goa Milk Union, Goa
- Advisor for sevral dairy farms in and around Mumbai for trouble shooting regarding milk products development (Sai Veg, Goregaon, Sangeeta Sweets, Kurla, Prashant Corner, Thane,etc.)
- Advisor for Modern Dairy for farm management and Milk Products development, Igatpuri, Maharashtra.
- Consultancy for developing HORECA paneer, hard processed cheese and Shrikhand for Prabhat Dairy, Shrirampur.
- Associate Consultant for PARADIGM, Mumbai
- Advisor for Shahu Milk and Milk Products, Kagal and Goa Milk Union, Goa.
2. Was member of IDP of Export Inspection Agency, Mumbai since 2002 Audited more than 100 dairy plants in Maharashtra for MMPO, FSSAI and Export License over last 13 years.
3. As a FoSTaC Trainer, for FSSAI, India
- Recent advances in Cheese Technology- Anand, Gujarat, India.
- Advances in milk By-products technology NDRI, Karnal, India.
- New concepts in Dairy Technology- NDRI, Karnal, India.
- Management of Extension and Transfer of Technology in livestock at NIRD, Hyderabad, India.
- Food safety and management course- Bhavan’s College, Mumbai
- ISO-22000 Lead Auditors’ course
- Amul Dairy, Anand exclusively in Cheese section and Q.C.Laboratory
- Advance Manufacturing (Trainer) ToT by FoSTaC September 2017
- Special 2 days ToT on Milk and Milk products by FoSTaC at Mehasana 18-19 January 2018.
- Fellow of Indian Dairy Association in 2017.
- “Mahad Gaurav “ Puraskar 2017
- “Kartutav Gaurav” award from VPWA - Excellent work in the field of Veterinary Science. 2018
- Won several awards for best research papers.
- Best Teacher Award ( 2003 and 2004) at Bombay Veterinary College.
- Represented Indian Veterinary Cricket team participated in the first Veterinary World Cup tournament held in South Africa in the year 2003.
ACTIVITIES AFFILIATED TO DAIRY INDUSTRY/ DAIRY DEVELOPMENT
- Associated with Indian Dairy Association since 1996 as a member and was Elected as Vice Chairman since 2011 for its West zone
- Life Member of Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (AFST) since 1998.
- Member of the Technical Committee, 31st Dairy Industry Conference, Mumbai 2002
- Chairman of the Technical Committee, 37th Dairy Industry Conference, Goa, 2009
- Chairman of the Technical Committee, 41st Dairy Industry Conference, Mumbai, 2013
- Chairman, Organizing Committee, National Seminar, Mumbai, 23-24 April 2015.
- Member of Research Council of MAFSU, Nagpur for the period from 2017 to 2020
- Several program on various T.V. channels in the subject of Dairy Science
- Delivered several radio talks on All India Radio in the subject of Dairy Science
- Delivered numerous lectures on clean milk production, milk products and animal management to farmers in various parts of Maharashtra through camps/honorary lectures for “Godrej Agro vet”, “Agro -One Sakal Learning Centre” ( Industry/ Media Initiatives).
- Chairman of the Technical Committee, 45th Dairy Industry Conference, Mumbai, 2017
- Presented research paper on Chicken strips at Conference on Drying Technology, China, 2013
- Participated in Dairy Expo in China in the year 2011
- Visited Dubai to attend Gulf Food Festival in the years 2014 and 2015
- Invited by World Grocer Company, Turlock, California, USA as Dairy Consultant to develop Indian Dairy Products (July – November 2015).
- Visited Australia (Perth and Melbourne) in April - May 2016 for developing business relations with two Australian companies to tie up with Indian dairy industry in Maharashtra.
- Presented paper in 17th ESADA, Africa Dairy Conference at Nairobi, Kenya on 15th August 2019
Manuscripts in Peer reviewed journals – 9
Abstracts presented/ published in Conferences- 8
Popular articles ( in local print media)- 25